The Grand Finale and awards presentation ceremony of the nationwide Networked India supported by Ericsson and CNN-IBN is just over 24 hours away. We are counting down to the grand event tomorrow at The Oberoi in New Delhi where two winners with the most impactful innovations will be chosen to receive project support and cash prizes. The campaign which kicked off on June 8th this year, saw hundreds of nominations which have been whittled down to 5 finalists whose identities will be revealed on August 7th at 0800h IST. The five teams behind these ideas will have the opportunity to ‘make a pitch’ in front of a jury that includes the following:
- Kiran Karnik – Former President, National Association of Software & Services Companies (NASSCOM)
- Harkesh Mittal – Head of Innovation, National S&T Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), DST, Govt of India
- Nishant Rao – Country Manager, LinkedIn India
- Alok Goel – MD, SAIF Partners & Former CEO, Freecharge
- Sonam Wangchuk – Innovator & Founder, SECMOL
The Networked India campaign seeks to identify and reward young Indian minds, who are using mobility, communication and technology to come up with ground-breaking and disruptive innovations. The initiative aims to create a Networked Society, in which connectivity becomes the starting point to communicate and collaborate among the citizens, which unleashes new ways to empower and transform the world around us.
Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State, Home Affairs will be the Chief Guest at the event. The evening will also witness a discussion on the topic – ‘Networked India – are we there yet?’, moderated by Suresh Venkat (Consulting Editor, Forbes India) between the following panelists:
- Shrikant Sinha, CEO, NASSCOM Foundation
- Sachin Bhatia – CEO & Co-founder TrulyMadly (serial entrepreneur)
- Rikin Gandhi, CEO, Digital Green (social entrepreneur)
- Vishal Mehta, Co-Founder & MD, Lok Capital (impact investor)
- Nishant Batra – VP & Head of Engagement Practices, Ericsson India
The panelists will discuss everything from the power of mobility and connectivity to Inclusive growth & social impact of the tech revolution, smart and sustainable technologies, the transition to 4G LTE networks, growing mobile and mobile internet users, smartphone and app revolution redefining how we live and work as well as E-governance programs to connect citizens.